Sunday, November 14, 2010

I have never been good at this...

Man. I have never been very good at keeping up with things.

In my room at my parents house, there are probably no fewer that 6 journals that I started at one point or another (probably with an entry like 'THIS time I am ACTUALLY going to keep a journal') only to be left alone after 3 or 4 entries.

So....sorry!  I really am going to try to get better at this!

Additionally, I am now an official writer on the officially official IslandWood Grad blog!

Roxann, another Grad, and I have been charged with documenting the year to help others learn about the program.

Check it out!

So- since my last blog entry here- things have gone ahead full speed.  I have team taught, solo taught, liaisoned (which I don't think is a word), read what must be thousands of pages and pretty much loved every minute of it.

Sure- the work load is fairly intense and sometimes I feel like there is no way that I can keep up but ultimately- this whole experience is just making me more excited for the future of education.

It is fantastic to be in a positive, supportive environment.

Additionally- we get to do so much cool stuff!!

Last week for our natural history class, we went down to a beach and some divers traveled to a reef just off the shore and brought up some critters!  It was super exciting to see sea stars, dungeness crabs, red rock crabs, sea cucumbers and more up close.


Ahh! I got to hold a Sea Star!!


I think it is pretty nuts that this is my life.  I realize I have made statements like this before on this blog but SERIOUSLY. It is so cool.

Ok- I am going to try to update again this week because I KNOW I am going to have some pretty cool adventures.

Bye for now! Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment