I spent last night at the home of my "Seattle Family."
 |
| The Seattle Family! (Amy and Nolan) |
|
Amy's sister made her this awesome blanket out of old T-Shirts and as an avid T-Shirt collector myself- I think this might be a new project.
 |
| This could be my project if I were...you know...crafty. |
This morning, I drove to the Ferry and loaded my car up.
 |
| Cars on a Boat? What will they think of next?! |
|
 |
| Seattle from the Ferry |
 |
| That is Bainbridge off in the distance! |
Once I got to Bainbridge (which is incredibly awesome and will have its own blog post once I get to know it more), I unloaded all of my worldly possessions.
 |
| Tons o' stuff. |
I have mostly unpacked and have my room set up. I also learned that I hate Duvet covers and don't want to buy sheets from Ikea ever again.
 |
| My room! |
The rest of the night was spent exploring the Graduate residences, eating delicious pizza and getting to know people in my program. I have posted some pictures below to give you an idea about what the campus looks like.
 |
| My cabin! My room is on the right. |
 |
| The Graduate Commons w/ my new cabin mate Montana! | |
|
 |
| This is our Community Garden! |
 |
| Isn't the provided furniture rustic and awesome? I sure think so. |
We are diving right in tomorrow and will be busy for the rest of the week.
I am still sort of in denial that this is my life. I have loved Seattle ever since coming here on tour with the Phoenix Girls Chorus in the year 2000. I now live directly across from it in this absolutely amazing place and am just so happy.
Simply put- this year is going to rule.
Awesome place Bons! I look forward to hearing all about it on the blog and seeing you soon!
ReplyDeleteOh, where do I start? How about how very proud I am of all you are accomplishing, of the person you are and of the person you will become after this wonderful year you have embarked upon. I am in awe and extremely jealous of your life path right now. Take care, keep up the blog and enjoy.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the Mrs. Burr part,it is my google account for my students. Paula!!
ReplyDeleteWow! It looks like such an incredible place Bonnie! I'm so jealous of the awesome experience and the absolute fun you are going to have for the next year. I'm so loving the blog and all the fantastic pictures! Missing you!
ReplyDeleteI added you to my google reader :) Your cabin is super awesome! And I love the community garden!
ReplyDeleteYah!! I love the blog bonnie. I am excited to read this and keep up with you.
ReplyDeleteWhoa. I really like your room and the community garden! I am jealous. Tony's dad lives on the island. Maybe you guys could be pals. Maybe not.
ReplyDeleteI love this blog!!! Super excited to follow your adventures! :) Miss you Bons!
ReplyDeleteWow, I am so excited for you. You really are living your dream this year! It will be a treasure to follow your blog. AND - THANK YOU...for the 1st day of school picture of Jenny. Great idea!
ReplyDeleteWOW! LOVE IT! Thank you for sharing these pics with us and letting us in on the adventure! How exciting, hope things go well the rest of this busy week for you! Stay well and have fun! =) xox
ReplyDelete