Monday, January 31, 2011

Whoa Boy.

Things have been busy. And crazy. This quarter is full of giant projects, big readings and not enough hours in the day.

Still loving it though. 

Today we had a Professional Development from an "Artist In Residence."  Every once in a while, IslandWood brings someone to campus to share their gift with the kids and help the kids discover a gift of their own.  This week, we have a poet staying on campus.  She shared some really great activities to do with the kids to help them express themselves and make poetry less of a scary thing.  We all wrote some at the session and here is one of mine:

I am like a duck.
My laugh can be loud and surprising.
I am not extremely graceful on my feet.
I depend on my friends and family to help me
dive deeper to reach my goal but
I am not afraid to swim off and explore on my own
every once in a while.
I like to travel in groups
each one taking their turn to lead
and then to be led.
I can be mighty if I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment